Dentegra dental discount for insured members covered under an AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan from UnitedHealthcare
As of January 1, 2021, insured members covered under an AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan from UnitedHealthcare have access to the Dentegra dental discount. Just show your Dentegra dentist your plan ID card to get your discount. It’s that simple.
How it works
AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance plan holders automatically have access to the Dentegra dental discount. The Dentegra discount is not insurance, but when you visit a dentist in the Dentegra network it gives you:
- Discounts1 on a range of dental services, including cleanings, exams, fillings and crowns. Type your ZIP Code in the Check your estimated costs tool to see sample procedure costs.
- Discounts on services from both general dentists and specialists.
- No waiting periods, deductibles, or annual maximums.
- Easy payment process with no reimbursements.
How to use the Dentegra dental discount
- Find a Dentegra network provider using the Find a dentist tool and schedule an appointment.
- Tell them you have the Dentegra dental discount through your AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan from UnitedHealthcare.
- Visit your provider for treatment. Show them your AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan ID card.
- Pay the provider’s discounted fee for your procedure.1
- That’s it!
Who to contact
If you have questions about the program, please contact the following:
- Insured members should call UnitedHealthcare at 800-523-5800, Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 11 PM Eastern Time and Saturday, 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time.
- If you are a provider who needs a copy of your contracted fees or have questions, please email email@example.com or call Dentegra at 866-238-1580, Monday through Friday.
Recommend your dentist for the Dentegra network
If you find that your current dentist is not in the Dentegra network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your dentist’s name, address, phone number and your contact information. We will reach out and invite your dentist to join. Please call their office directly if you don’t see them listed in Dentegra’s online Find a Dentist tool after 90 days.
1Savings will vary by provider and ZIP Code. The discounts are available through Dentegra network providers only. You will receive the discount off the provider’s usual and customary fees when you pay. Since there is no paperwork or Dentegra reimbursement, you pay for the service at the time it’s provided. We encourage you to check with your Dentegra provider prior to beginning treatment.
THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE and is not intended to replace dental insurance. The Plan is not a Qualified Health Plan under the Affordable Care Act. The Plan provides discounts at certain dental offices for dental services. The range of discounts will vary depending on the type of provider and service. The Plan does not make payments directly to the providers of dental services. Plan Members are solely obligated to pay for all dental care services but will receive a discount from those providers who have contracted with Dentegra Insurance Company, P.O. Box 1850 Alpharetta, GA 30023-1850. You may access a list of participating providers at dentegra.com.
This offer is only available to insured members covered under an AARP Medicare Supplement Plan from UnitedHealthcare. This is an additional insured member service apart from AARP Medicare Supplement Plan benefit, is not an insurance program, is subject to geographical availability and may be discontinued at any time. This service should not be used for emergency or urgent care needs. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Note that certain services are provided by Affiliates of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or other third parties not affiliated with UnitedHealthcare.
UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company and affiliates pay royalty fees to AARP for the use of intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. AARP and its affiliates are not insurers. Insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or an affiliate (collectively “UnitedHealthcare”). Refer to your Certificate of Insurance for your Insurer. For New York Certificate holders: Insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York. For Washington Certificate holders: Insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.